Prospective BOE Candidates
Thank you for your interest in the North Rose-Wolcott Central School District Board of Education. School board elections will be held on Tuesday, May 16, 2023. Petitions to nominate a candidate for school board are available from the District Clerk at the District Office, 11631 Salter-Colvin Road, Wolcott, NY 14590. Candidates must file completed petitions to the district clerk by Monday, April 17, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
Board members are advocates for public education and have many responsibilities. Candidates must:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be able to read and write
- Be a district resident for at least one year prior to the election
- Not be employed by the board on which he or she serves
- Not reside with another member of the same school board as a member of the same family
- Not hold another incompatible public office
Filing for Candidacy
- Candidates for seats on boards of education must file petitions 30 days prior to the election (20 days for small cities).
- Petitions must contain the required amount of valid signatures. The required amount of signatures is equal to 2 percent of the voters in the previous annual school board election, or at least 25 names -- whichever is greater.
- Voting takes place on the third Tuesday in May.
The Monroe County School Boards Association has additional resources about the election process and member responsibilities.