Welcome to Mrs. Caselli's Website!
8th Grade Health
Health class at the intermediate level is a full-year course that meets every other day for 43 minutes. At the intermediate level the following topics and health skills will be taught:
- Self Management: Healthy Living including Mental Health Issues
- Physical Activity and Nutrition: Goal Setting & Planning
- Alcohol, Tobacco & Other Drugs: Decision-Making
- Relationship Management
- Healthy Relationships & Sexuality: Communication & Decision Making
- This year we will also be looking at Sean Covey's 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens
10th Grade Health Education
Health education class at the commencement level is rigorous as it explores many crucial areas in a teen's life. You will learn through the use of the media, research studies and practical skills that you will be able to take with you beyond the classroom. This health course is a semester long and meets every day for 43 minutes and requires a passing grade for you to graduate.
Over the 20 weeks we will discuss topics such as :
- Healthy Living: Preventing Illness and Disease
- Stress Management: How to Manage Stress in a Health Enhancing Way includes nutrition and physical activity choices.
- ATOD: How does my skill of decision-making affect my health status?
- Human Sexuality: What skills do I need to know and be able to do in order to build healthy relationships and remain healthy
My webpage has many resources concerning many of the health topics we will be discussing in class as well as others that you may be interested in. You can also get the notes including power points for many of the lessons and some of the homework assignments.
I look forward to seeing you in class!
The mission of Health Education is to instill in our students the knowledge and skills to examine alternatives and make responsible health-related decisions. Drawing on knowledge from biological, environmental, psychological, social, physical and medical sciences, health education teaches students how to prevent and manage health problems. Students will develop personal and social skills, comprised of multiple sequential sub-skills, when mastered, enable students to enhance their personal, family and community health and safety.
Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Jolene Caselli
I am a 1987 graduate of Notre Dame High School in Batavia NY. I attended SUNY Brockport for both my undergraduate and graduate degrees. I began teaching health education in the North Rose-Wolcott Central School District in the summer of 2002 and have been enjoying it ever since. I've been married for 10 years and have two children, Olivia and Aidan. Olivia is 9 and Aidan is 7 years old. As a family we enjoy doing anything outdoors. We especially love to go for walks, read and do art projects together. On my free time I enjoy exercising and reading. I am looking forward to a fun-filled year and helping all my students establish life long healthy habits. Stop by the middle school or high school and introduce yourselves.
School: Leavenworth Middle School (7:10 to 10:30 a.m.) & North Rose-Wolcott High School (11 a.m. to 3 p.m.)
Class: 8 & 10 grade Health Education