Curriculum and Instruction
NRW is a community committed to fostering connections and developing experiences where individuals can engage in learning that cultivates individualized potential.
Each student will leave the NRW family with pride and preparedness for their future path.
We will achieve this through the following strategies:
- Embrace the Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) system district wide.
- Use a wide range of data to identify achievement gaps and barriers to success as well as successes and best practices.
- Communicate with and engage our school community through the Curriculum and Staff Development Council (CSDC) to inform, develop, implement and monitor decisions that address the educational needs of all students.
- Utilize our human, financial, physical and community resources to support a sound program for all learners.
- Provide professional development opportunities that enhance the skills and collegiality of our staff.
- Learning occurs in a safe, positive, consistent, yet challenging environment where students are curious and pro-active participants
- Students achieve best with family and community support and involvement
- Students’ diverse learning styles and strengths should be recognized, celebrated and nurtured in order for all to achieve to their highest potential
- Being kind, responsible, respectful and safe helps create a better society
- Students need to become critical thinkers and independent problem-solvers in today’s global society
- Learning extends beyond the classroom and is a life-long process
Curriculum Links for Parents
Assistant Superintendent for Instruction & School Improvement
Tina St. John
Secretary to the Assistant Superintendent for Instruction & School Improvement