2018-19 Entry/Exit Plan
High School/Middle School: Monday – Friday
- AM: Door number 26 into the Fitness Center will serve as the point of entry and exit for Fitness center users during morning fitness center hours. At 6:30 a.m., the door between the Fitness Center and High School will be locked, and access through that door, into the High School, will not be permitted for any staff or guests. Fitness center users may exit through the fitness center door until 8:15 a.m.
- PM: Door number 26 into the Fitness Center will serve as the point of entry and exit for all staff, students and guests (including Fitness center users and staff) from 3:00 p.m. until 6:30 a.m. Door number 1 (Main Doors) will be available during these hours as necessary for after school activities and events as well.
- Bus Drop Off: Door number 1 (Main Doors) will serve as the point of entry for students dropped off by busses prior to 1st period each day.
- Staff, Students, and Visitors:
- Door number 2 (High School Main Office) will serve as the only point of entry and exit for High School Staff, students and visitors (except Fitness Center Staff and Users as specified above, and students dropped off by bus) between the hours of 6:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- Door number 6 (Middle School Main office) will serve as the only point of entry and exit for Middle School Staff, students and visitors (except students dropped off by bus) between the hours of 6:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- Between 3:00 p.m. and 6:30 a.m., the door between the Fitness Center and High School will be unlocked, and access into and out of the High School for all Staff, Students, and guests may also be through Door number 26.
- As a general condition of this program, corridor doors allowing access to instructional spaces from the main lobby and cafeteria areas will be closed and locked between the hours of 3:15 p.m. and 7:15 a.m., and on weekends.
- PE Classes will be permitted to use door number 23 (North Fitness Center Door) to exit and enter the building for outdoor activities. The entire class, including adults, shall enter and exit at the same time. Any student or staff who is late to class will need to be escorted through the secure entry to join the class outside. PE Teachers will be required to keep the door locked when not in use.
Athletic Contests (Outside):
- Door number 26 (South Fitness Center) will serve as entry and exit for restroom use only for staff, students, and guests during athletic contests. As stated previously, the doors between the Fitness Center and the High School will remain locked until 3:00 p.m.
- Vendors (i.e. cafeteria deliveries) will enter the building through door number 2 (Main Office) to check in with a staff person prior to making any delivery. Upon check in, a staff person from the respective department from which the order was placed will escort and supervise deliveries, which may then come in through door number 27 (Receiving/Loading Area) as needed. Prior to entry by any vendor, the overhead door from receiving into the rest of the high school shall be closed and locked. Once the vendor exits the building, the overhead door may open for transporting supplies. The overhead door shall return to a closed position once receiving is complete. The overhead door shall ordinarily remain closed and locked during the school day.
- Refuse may also be removed by the facilities department through door number 27. All refuse will be brought into the receiving area and the overhead door shall then be closed, at which time disposal may take place in accordance with the same delivery procedures outlined above.