Prospective Board of Education Candidates
Thank you for your interest in the North Rose-Wolcott Central School District Board of Education. School board elections will be held on Tuesday, May 17, 2022. Petitions to nominate a candidate for school board are available from the District Clerk at the District Office, 11631 Salter Colvin Road, Wolcott, NY 14590. Candidates must file completed petitions to the district clerk by Monday, April 18, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
Board members are advocates for public education and have many responsibilities. Candidates must:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be able to read and write
- Be a district resident for at least one year prior to the election
- Not be employed by the board on which he or she serves
- Not reside with another member of the same school board as a member of the same family
- Not hold another incompatible public office
Filing for Candidacy
- Candidates for seats on boards of education must file petitions 30 days prior to the election (20 days for small cities).
- Petitions must contain the required amount of valid signatures. The required amount of signatures is equal to 2 percent of the voters in the previous annual school board election, or at least 25 names -- whichever is greater.
- Voting takes place on the third Tuesday in May.
The Monroe County School Boards Association has additional resources about the election process and member responsibilities.