Board of Education Goals
NRWCS MISSION (District Strategic Plan 2018-2021)
The Mission of the North Rose-Wolcott Central School District is to prepare each student for a successful future.
CORE BELIEFS (District Strategic Plan 2018-2021)
The Core Beliefs of the North Rose-Wolcott School District are that:
The potential of each student will be achieved.
Learning is a shared responsibility.
Each student will be provided a safe, creative and encouraging environment.
Each student will be prepared for their future.
NRWCS BOARD OF EDUCATION 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR COMMITMENTS
In accordance with the adopted Mission and Vision of the NRWCSD, the Board of Education commits to the following in the 2019-2020 school year:
- Support the goals of 2018-2021 District Strategic Plan in the belief that all students have the right to develop
to their full potential academically, socially, emotionally and behaviorally.
- Support opportunities for student participation in the arts, technology, sports, and other enrichment activities.
- Support student readiness opportunities for college, careers and job skills for students after High School
- Support parental/care giver involvement in their students’ education and school activities.
- Support a positive and safe learning environment for all students, employees, volunteers, and visitors in the
- Support community connection with the school district through communication and participation.
- Support the completion of the Capital Projects currently under construction, specifically, the opening of
Leavenworth for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Support a balanced budget that meets the needs of students, staff, and the district, while staying within
taxpayer financial constraints.
NRWCS BORAD OF EDUCATION 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR GOALS
The NRWCS Board of Education establishes the following goals for the 2019-2020 school year:
- An Interim Superintendent and a new Superintendent will be sought, selected and hired by established
processes as evidenced by both positions being filled by contractual agreements and presence on staff.
- The Board will communicate and interact with students and staff as evidenced by on-going recognitions and
involvements as recorded in a board log and presented at a Board meeting.
- District policies will be up-to-date and legally accurate as evidenced by Board review, upgrade and adoption.
Adopted September 24, 2019